New event in theme for the Halloween holidays, Turbine announces the Pumpkin Carving Contest!
It’s that time of year again: the weather turns colder, the leaves turn colorful, and spooky fun turns up everywhere. It also means it’s the perfect time for a pumpkin carving contest! We’re looking for the best LOTRO-themed carved pumpkins! You could win a custom title on the forums, and one lucky winner will win one million copper (also known as 10 Gold). Your carving can be of your favorite creepy LOTRO creature, spooky scenes from around Middle Earth, emblems and icons, or anything else from (or about) the game! Turbine will accept digital photographs of entries from October 12th through October 30th. Eligible winners will receive a special forum title (“Master Carver”) and their winning entries may even be featured on LOTRO.com! One lucky first prize winner will additionally receive 1,000,000 copper! Entries must be original creations, should be at least 1024×768 in resolution, and no larger than 6MB in file size. Photograph your pumpkin and enter it in the following category: LOTRO pumpkins Need some inspiration, or just like to carve pumpkins? You can use this Turbine logo template to start practicing! Download the template by clicking here. How to use a pumpkin carving template:
- Print the template on a sheet of paper.
- Cut along the dashed lines in the corners (this will help your template lay against the round surface of the pumpkin).
- Attach the paper to the desired side of the pumpkin where you want the design to show.
- Follow along the black lines poking small holes through the paper into the pumpkin’s skin.
- Remove the paper template and you will see dots in the shape of the design on the pumpkin’s skin.
- Connect the dots, and then start carving! Keep your template beside you to help you as you go – the gray shaded parts are the ones that will come out of the Pumpkin.
Now you know how to use a template to carve your very own Turbine fan pumpkin! You can make your own templates and use the same techniques to apply them to your pumpkins! Ready to get started? Click here for official rules and tips on sending in your pumpkin entry!